Area Product Specialist
BVI® is a global ophthalmic medical device manufacturer with a mission to deliver high quality solutions and innovation for advancing eye surgery and improving the vision of patients. With nine decades of developing leading products and solutions, BVI partners with ophthalmic surgeons to improve the vision of millions of patients across the globe. Our team supports surgical teams, in more than 115 countries worldwide, either directly or through our network of trusted distributors. Our trusted brands include: Beaver® (Knives and Blades), Visitec® (Cannulas), Malosa® (Single-Use Instruments), Vitreq® (Vitreoretinal Surgical Products) and PhysIOL® (Premium Intraocular Lenses).
Loyalty and development of the customer portfolio on the Belgian territory (East & West Flanders), management of customer relations and assistance on site (hospitals, clinics)
- Promote PhysIOL-BVI products and distribution products to ophthalmic surgeons
- Visit ophthalmic surgeons and the (para)medical staff involved in cataract and retinal operations (6 visits/day);
- maintain ongoing relations with hospital pharmacists, operating room nurses and other decision makers in the hospital environment
- Organize product information and demonstration sessions (wetlab) with existing (new products) and potential (full range) end users
- Ensure and coordinate the placement of IOL consignments in clinics and hospitals with pharmacists and Customer Service
- Negotiate agreements with purchasing managers and/or hospital pharmacists (sterile material)
- Develop customer loyalty through regular contact with the end user as well as nursing staff and hospital pharmacies.
- Apply the procedures specific to each hospital site for the referencing of new products.
- Accompany the operators and nursing staff in the handling of the products before and during the operating room
- Provide training to hospital staff involved in the handling of intraocular implants, surgical instruments and dispensing products
- On-site assistance in the management of consignments (intraocular implants and dispensing products)
- Follow up on the proper functioning of an on-site relationship
- During national and international ophthalmology congresses, active presence on the PhysIOL-BVI stands in order to ensure an efficient and friendly welcome for customers & prospects, promotion of the PhysIOL range and image
- Collecting and analyzing market information and relaying it to the PhysIOL organization
- Organization of scientific evenings and/or appropriate and targeted promotional events
- Communicate the agenda of his activities to the Sales & Marketing Manager according to the reporting method in force
- Write and transmit weekly reports of visits and activities using the ad hoc software (CRM)
- Communicate to the Back Office all useful information for the efficient organization of the management and follow-up of sales
Communication on the Quality System
- Communicate all customer complaints and cases of non-compliance to the manager(s) in question and to the QA manager, and fill out and submit the non-compliance form where required
- Inform the manager(s) in question and the QA manager of any irregularity or problem that may affect your ability to do your job properly
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Rigour and sense of quality – You are rigorous and disciplined, follow agreed rules and procedures, including WI and PQ, and strictly observe ISO standards.
Team spirit – You create a positive feeling in the group by promoting harmony, communication and collaboration, and you participate in collective results. You are attentive to internal client-supplier relations.
Effective communication – You communicate spontaneously and transfer information in a relevant and effective way within your department and/or with other departments. You notify any problems encountered.
Sense of responsibility – You take your professional role seriously and feel responsible and directly affected by the consequences of your actions; you are diligent.
Results orientation – You are able to pursue, achieve and even exceed your objectives and produce results on time.
Relations – You effectively develop internal and external contacts and maintain relations to create a competitive business advantage.
Planning and organisation – You are able to organise your activities effectively, taking into account priorities and deadlines, to ensure the established objectives are met.
Persuasiveness – You present relevant information in a convincing manner by using specific, well-constructed arguments. You are able to respond to the customer’s criticisms.
Business sense (overall approach) – You are able to detect the customer’s needs and expectations, whether these have been made explicit or not, and respond appropriately, with consideration for mutual interests.
Sense of service (long-term approach) – You create long-term relationships with customers founded on customer service and satisfaction. You regularly evaluate the quality of the collaboration.
Technical product expertise – You show competence, effectiveness and expertise in the technical product aspects of the function.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Training and education required (minimum): ESTC
(CESS: Certif. of Higher Sec. Education – ESTC: Short-cycle Higher Education (3 years) – ESTL: Long-cycle Higher Education (4 years) – Univ-Master (formerly bachelor’s degree) – Univ-Doc: doctorate)
Experience: 3 to 5 years, preferably in the medical devices or hospital (pharmaceutical) sectors
Technical knowledge and expertise: TERR R-W-S: bilingual French – Dutch + EN COMM R
EN: English – NLS: Dutch – Other: other language
TECH: technical – COMM: commercial – SCI: scientific – TERR: language of commercial territory
R: reading – W: writing – S: speaking
Beaver Visitec International is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
BVI does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact BVI’s human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to BVI. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and BVI. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of BVI. BVI shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.