Global Distribution and Logistics Manager
BVI® is a global ophthalmic medical device manufacturer with a mission to deliver high quality solutions and innovation for advancing eye surgery and improving the vision of patients. With nine decades of developing leading products and solutions, BVI partners with ophthalmic surgeons to improve the vision of millions of patients across the globe. Our team supports surgical teams, in more than 115 countries worldwide, either directly or through our network of trusted distributors. Our trusted brands include: Beaver® (Knives and Blades), Visitec® (Cannulas), Malosa® (Single-Use Instruments), Vitreq® (Vitreoretinal Surgical Products) and PhysIOL® (Premium Intraocular Lenses).
Reporting directly to the Global Supply Chain Director, the Global Distribution and Transportation Manager will be responsible Develop and implement a logistics strategy which meets the current and five-year objectives while also meeting customer needs: focusing on reliability, speed, and cost. Develop and manage key performance indicators to ensure these goals are met as well as for Managing all finished goods distribution warehouses to include managing of all 3PL relationships, be the company’s technical expert on: customer order fulfillment for a medical device company, logistics, transportation, import/export and customs compliance. Lead all aspects of shipping and receiving to and from each plant and our distribution warehouses globally.
· Develop, deploy and manage long-term distribution and logistics strategies for BVI International that ensure year-over-year efficiency and capability improvement and enables the execution of the Global/Regional Deliver network strategy
· Managing and oversight of 3PL and internally managed distribution centers to include contract negotiation and adherence to performance and contract KPI’s
· Design and implementation of global distribution strategies to support both domestic and international market growth
· Continuous improvement and project related leadership, activity/support
· Develop and implement carrier management processes such as selection, qualification, performance evaluation and account management
· Provide leadership and direction to the distribution/transportation staff. Establish performance requirements and monitors achievements. Provide coaching, mentoring and employee development
· Influence across the organization by building global relationships with Finance, Human Resources, Supply Chain, Sourcing, manufacturing, R&D, Quality leaders.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Warehouse and/or 3 PL management experience, transportation/logistics, medical device or life science experience or other highly regulated industry
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain, or Operations
Sitting for long periods of time; computer work (typing), phone usage; filing; lifting up to 20 lbs. unassisted. Up to 40% travel required.
Beaver Visitec International is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
BVI does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact BVI’s human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to BVI. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and BVI. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of BVI. BVI shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.